Welcome to the Move8 Walk-a-Hunt!
A destination-focused in-person and virtual reality experience that gets you unravelling clues while accomplishing missions along the route. It’s fun and it’s free for individuals.
For Groups: For friends and co-workers, join in the fun and be Fit for Good! Consider taking up a Corporate Pledge and join in as a group at any time. Contact our sales team on how we can make this an enjoyable and memorable teambuilding experience for your group.
For Individuals: This is an open-sourced walkathon, meaning once the maps and videos are launched, members of the public are welcome to walk and play at any time. While it’s free for all to enjoy, we do ask for those who enjoyed the experience to RSVP and purchase an annual festival pass at only MYR66 per person (Malaysians) or A$33 per person (Australians / International) for the whole year. All profits are channeled towards our purpose partners.
We have launched three Move VR Walk-a-Hunt editions in 2023 with more routes to come! Keep on moving, folks! And don’t forget to add the hashtags #move8 #sportsinclusion in your socials 🙂
Port Macquarie Edition
- Panthers Port Macquarie, 1 Bay Street, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- 7:15am to meet & greet and go over walkathon clues and mission map
- 7:30am warm-up and stretches
- 8:03am 7KM walkers depart Port Panthers (by bus)
- 8:30am 13KM walkers depart Port Panthers on foot
- 9:00am 3KM participants depart Port Panthers on foot
- 10:00am – 11:30am all participants return to Port Panthers
What to bring?
- Mobile phone with Internet data
- Comfortable shoes, water bottle, trash bag
- Recyclable containers from your home so that you can drop it in at the Return and Earn Settlement City Port Macquarie depot.
Clues & Missions Map
You’ll need 2 things:
Sydney Haymarket Edition
A VR360 Experience in-person or virtually from anywhere in the world with a device and internet connection. Remember, this is NOT a race and there are NO winners. Claim your Sydney Virtual Goodie Bag when you have completed the Walk-a-Hunt.
Launched September 30, 2023 to commemorate the Full Moon Mid-Autumn Lantern Festival.
- Darling Square Community Bank Branch – Bendigo Bank Haymarket (Google Map link).
Clues & Mission Videos:
- Follow the route of the Move8 Walk-a-Hunt @ Sydney Chinatown edition by viewing the video below. Tip* Use 2x speed if you’d like to speed through it.
Bukit Bintang Edition
Launched on September 24, 2023, we invite you to walk around Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia using the VR360 Experience either in-person or virtually from anywhere in the world. All you need is a mobile phone or iPad and an Internet connection. Remember, this is NOT a race and there are NO winners. Claim your Bukit Bintang Virtual Goodie Bag when you have completed the Walk-a-Hunt.
- KLCC Park Pondok Polis (Google Map link).
- Plaza Sungei Wang
Before you go:
- You will find the Clues & Missions Video below which will give you instructions at each Checkpoint.
- Watch this video, pause anytime during the video, giving yourself time to complete each Checkpoint at your own time. Remember, there’s no rush in completing this, as we’d love for all participants to be immersed in the environment and enjoy the sights and sounds.
We hope you enjoyed the VR360 experience! Watch out for more levels of the Move8 VR360 walks in many more destinations.
Please share, subscribe to our YouTube channel @AFT-TV and stay tuned for the next one.